One of the reasons why polished concrete is popular in Gold coast is the versatility which it offers. It can be polished and designed according to the clients specifications. There are so any design options for concrete floors that one is often spoilt for choice. It can be customized by adding aggregates like shells, granite shavings etc.
The highly polished surface create a stunning display when exposed to light. It can reflect the light right back and gives the room a bright appearance. So not only are concrete floors sturdy but are aesthetically pleasing as well.
While polished concrete is mainly popular in commercial settings because of its durability, it has slowly started becoming popular with home owners cross Gold Coast. This is because concrete is considered to have the easiest maintenance. Since it is smooth, hard and easy to clean it doesn’t take up a great deal of maintenance.
There are several options when it comes to concrete flooring. The most popular ones make use of integral color. This color is added to the concrete during the mixing process to add a certain color to the flooring. Also stains can be added to the concrete during mixing to create a translucent finish. For more vibrant shades dyes can be added at the time of lying the concrete for a more colorful finish. Textured concrete floors are a great option as well. Make sure you hire the right concrete flooring service in Gold Coast.
If you are considering installing a polished concrete floor in your home, make sure to keep the following things in mind:
- If you are installing a completely new concrete floor, keep in mind that you have to work on reducing the moisture content in the ground. The preventive flooring is laid between the moisture rich ground and the concrete slab. It is later polished until the desired polished look is achieved.
- Keep in mind that a concrete floor can be hard on your feet. If you plan to use it at home, make sure you soften the hardness with the use of rugs thrown in here and there. This would also add an aesthetically appealing look to a room. You can choose to play with colors which actually compliment the concrete floor.
- Consider the color and the design which you would like the floor to have. There is an option of going for honed concrete floor or the ultimate polished concrete floor.
- Don’t forget to add the sealer once the floor has been polished to the desired level. It helps improve the look as well as the longevity of the floor.
- In order to prevent the cracks from appearing in the concrete floors after sometime, make sure you only hire professional concrete polishing services in Gold Coast.
Bethell Flooring present polished concrete floors in Gold Coast. For more information on polished concrete floors, talk to a professional today.