Anyone who has thought of undertaking a paintjob might have considered painting a room on their own. For anyone who has completed the project successfully, must have learned that it’s not as easy as it looks. It requires a certain amount of skill and effort. A great deal of attention needs to be given to the prep work and careful attention to detailing is required.
The following are some of the professional tips from painting services in Melbourne.
- Never be in a hurry. Anyone who hurries while completing a paint job would see that the results aren’t what they actually expected. Painting should be completed carefully and meticulously. Also it’s advisable to have a good meal before you start painting. Nothing is easy on an empty stomach. Painting is hard work and you need the fuel required to carry out any sort of strenuous work.
- Always choose a color and think about it carefully before you start with the painting. A decision should be made by taking advice from other individuals in the home as well. Some people think that one simply walks into a paint store and chooses color. This is not so. Choosing the color should be based upon a number of factors like which room is being painted. How often it is going to be used and is based on the personal taste of the person wanting to paint their room.
- It’s also necessary to give enough time for the pre work. The more time you spend on the prep the easier it would be to complete the project on time. The first step would be to ensure that the surface you are painting n is completely clean. If there is grime on the walls a pressure washer can help get rid of it easily. For walls simply covered in dust a simple dusting could do the trick.
- Make sure to spackle any open spaces. There are primers available in the market designed specifically for this purpose. Any chipped areas should be polished using sand paper. This would guarantee a more professional look once the project is completed.
- Also make sure you have got your hands on the necessary tools. A painter should have the right kind of equipment to help make things simpler. While people invest heavily in good quality paints when it comes to applicators they may make the wrong decision. They go for the ones which are cheap and low quality. The applicator ha a major impact on how the paint job is going to look. Even if you think it’s a one off project you still need to buy the right kind of paint applicator.
- Work should always be carried out from top to bottom. The ceiling should be painted first. An extension pole on the roller can do the trick. You don’t need to strain your neck or back climbing up and down the ladder, the extension pole does the job pretty well.
- Always choose the right kind of finish. Flat paint work well in older homes. Matte finish is washable and is good for people who have toddlers. They tend to paint the walls on their own as well, the little ones. Thus matte finish is great for homes where there might be a great deal of wear and tear.
Melbourne painting services by Amazing Painting are ready to take on bigger projects for you. They are industry experts with ample experience in house painting.